Monday, August 25, 2014

The Square Mile

Well, I made it to London safe and sound. Thankfully my family helped me move here and get me settled in. This past week was filled with many a miscommunication and extended periods of sitting and waiting, but we also did some pretty awesome stuff!

We played a few pick up games of football (soccer for all you American readers out there) in front of the one and only Buckingham Palace. We rented a car (which was an experience all on its own) and drove to Stonehenge and the White Cliffs of Dover. We shopped along the lovely strand of High Street Kensington (only a few blocks from my apartment!). We rode the London Eye, toured the British Museum, and rode double decker buses around the city. WE TOURED ARSENAL'S STADIUM!!! We found my University and local super markets. We ate lunch in the backyard of Kensington Palace. And so much more (most of which was my fan running errands with me to get my room situated and last minute things, like a bank account and phone plan, etc.).

Some of my favorite moments from the past week include:

+ Touring the Arsenal stadium!!! I still can't believe they are now my local team. I will definitely be going to a game before my year here expires, even if it means I can't eat for a few weeks.

+ Driving to Dover was phenomenal! Well, maybe not the drive itself, but Dover! Yes! We watched the lights twinkle on in France across the channel and those white cliffs were brilliant!

And, here are some other random photos that were taken while my family was here last week (I know y'all love your photos).







I am so thankful for my family coming over here with me. It has made a huge difference in my transition to living here for the year. More on that to come soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment